Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Socialite Balancing Act - Deux

The latter part of this week has been action packed with the weekly grooming appointments for hair and nails, running errands, trying to clean my condo a bit, and attending an event (I'll write about the event in a future posting).

I read somewhere that one should consider spreading out their chores throughout the week versus doing everything during the weekend but I gotta tell ya - that's awful tough when you work full time and try to maintain an active social life.

There are only so many hours in the day...

I keep promising myself that I will hire a housekeeper and I think I will make that leap before the end of the year. It's just that I am soooo picky about how I like things to be done, that by the time I begin explaining what I want done to someone - I might as well do it myself.

Some of you understand what I mean...

Plus, as weird as it may sound, I actually get a level of satisfaction out of cleaning my home. And, not that my home is icky - it's just not as clean and organized as I would like for it to be.

I have paper and books all over my dining room table, coffee table, and my office desk. I need to wax my hardwood floors and give the bathroom a good ole fashioned Black girl scrubbing with hot water and bleach. The kitchen is in dire need of elbow grease too.

And, since it's starting to get chilly - it's time to pull out my fall comforter set and put the summer bed set into the cleaners.

Oh...then, the fall clothes need to be prepared as well and some other stuff can be dropped off at a thrift shop. I'm pass trying to squeeze into clothes that no longer fit and are just hanging in the closet for decorative purposes only.

So, I decided to get crackin' on one room at a time and I should be good to go in about one to two weeks.

However, tonight I'm headed out to see The Brave One starring Jodie Foster with a buddy of mine. I like going to see interesting movies that star Black folks and women in the lead on 'Opening Weekend' as my contribution to the 'cause.' This flick is double whammy as Terrance Howard is co-starring.

Anyhoo, I hope that you had a uber-fabulous weekend as well and ready to 'slay dragons' in your workplace tomorrow.

Until we meet again - cheers!