Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Invite You Would DEFINITELY Decline




Today is a pretty quiet, so I decided to do some Internet housekeeping. I have an old email address that I am preparing to abandon partly because it has become so SPAM ridden.

Anyhoo, to my shock and horror - I RECEIVED A FRIEND INVITE FROM BISHOP THOMAS WEEKS III OFF OF BLACK PLANET.COM!!



I had to pick myself up from the floor after gasping for air.

In case you haven't heard this story, Weeks was arrested and charged for violently beating his estranged wife Juanita Bynam in the parking lot of an Atlanta hotel. She has since filed for divorce.

The tragic and unfortunate circumstances of their household finances along with other sorrid relationship details has been spread throughout the media. Essence Magazine featured Bynam on a recent cover. Weeks admitted wrong doing by blaming 'the Devil' and claiming that he has been transformed.
Whatever...
Let's just say that I'm not planning to respond to this invite.
But, the busy-body in me couldn't resist looking at his profile.
I clutched my pearls (yes, I wearing some today) in disbelief at what I saw. Weeks has a whopping 149,000+ friends - most of whom are young women!!!!
As my Grandmother use to say - Jesus, please keep us near the cross as all of us will not be saved...