Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lenny Kravitz Concert Afterglow


My body is super sore today. I'm hopping around like I've suffered a war injury - but I'll tell you something...




The Lenny Kravitz concert was absolutely incredible!


We checked him out at a small standing room only venue and the place literally rocked and swayed. He did a combination of his classic hits and tunes from his upcoming album Love Revolution. Lenny is an incredible performer and someone you should definitely check out while he's in the prime of his career. He sounds and looks fantastic. My friend commented that his level of musicianship puts him in a category near Prince.


During the concert, Lenny picked up and hugged a 12 year old boy whose parents brought him to the show as a birthday present. He also autographed a tambourine for the boy as a present.


The performance ended with Lenny walking through the crowd to shake people's hands and give hugs. You can imagine that a near riot took place. Several women literally fainted.


What made my heart warm with glee, was the number of Brothers and Sistas in attendance last night. I've been a fan of Lenny's music since 1993 and know that he has made a conscious effort to reach out to the Black community at the height of his career.


I've always appreciated how he has claimed rock music as Black music. Those of us who study musical history know the truth in this statement.


I'm sure that more dates will be added to The Love Revolution Tour soon. For those in New York City and Canada, he's coming your way in the next few days.

Cheers everyone!