Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rest Assured

Yawn, yawn, stretch, stretch...

Today is one of those days for me.

I have to admit - I'm tired.

And it is BIG for me to admit that I am fatigued. I feel in some ways it's like admitting defeat of the Superwoman mythology that I love to embrace about myself.

Some of you know exactly where I'm coming from.

I told Special Friend that I planned to sleep late and I did - until 11AM EST.

Right now, I'm dressed in my undergraduate alma mater sweat shirt and black sweat pants.

I'm vegging out of reality show re-runs, reading invitations, deciding which events I will attend, updating this blog, and catching up on your emails to me.

Rocker Lenny Kravitz is hospitalized in Miami due to illness and has cancelled the remainder of his tour. Several Sista Socialites I know are struggling with the flu and other airbourne illnesses.

This news really made me sit down. I already decided that I would scale back my social activity tremendously this month just to give myself a much needed break - so witnessing otherwise healthy people getting sick forced me to lock the doors and nail my windows shut.

I also began to think about how our quests (whatever they may be) can drive us into an early grave if we're not careful.

So today, I'm going to chill and take lots of fish oil along with Vitamin C.

We'll have lots more to chat about soon!

Cheers!