Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!!


Woo-hoo! I'm celebrating another year of life today!


I feel blessed to be here but since this isn't exactly a milestone birthday - I'm been rather blah about it to be honest with you.


Don't misunderstand me - it's always good to see a new year of life.


But it's not 30 or 40 - it's in between. And, I'm not trying to raise the roof if you know what I mean.


Saturday, I sipped champagne with some of my Sister Links at the Greater New York Chapter's Annual Luncheon Fashion Show.


Last night, I was treated to dinner and gifts from my family and Special Friend.


Today, I received emails, phone calls, and text messages extending greetings.
This afternoon, Special Friend took me to lunch at one of our favorite restaurants. The cute server placed a pink candle on our dessert to make me feel special (ergo, the picture above).


But in spite of all these blessings, I walking around like ho-hum, it's nice to have a birthday today...


I really think Leap Year, Daylight Savings Time, and a real early Easter weekend has sent me into another dimension.


I feel kinda off balance with time.


I guess that what happens as you get older?

Anyway, I'm working on catching the spirit!
It's my birthday, it's my birthday, it's my birthday!