Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In Honor of Lita

Thanks to everyone who sent the really nice emails!


I have so many that I made not be able to respond to each of you personally, but I sincerely appreciate your concern.


My buggy's back windshield is fixed - which is the most important item, but I also have some damage to the interior roof's upholstery. That will get fixed when I have the time to be out of my vehicle for several days.


Meanwhile, a few of you have asked about the late socialite Lita Sullivan of Palm Beach and Atlanta (pictured above) after my posting on another Sista Socialite emerging on the Palm Beach scene. I thought about Lita as well but it's too painful to go into a great deal of detail about her tragic death.


Lita was murdered by a contract killer commissioned by her estranged husband several years ago. Her family fought a costly and long term battle to bring this murderer to justice.


This is the extend that I will blog on this horrible topic.


But I will direct you to Court TV where you can read the history of the case yourself.


The good news is that a lot has changed in terms of race relations in Palm Beach as 'the club' appears to be far more accepting of Black Socialites than when Lita was murdered in 1987.

She was in many ways, a Black Socialite pioneer in Palm Beach so perhaps her spirit made it easier for the Black Socialites of Palm Beach now.


And, when these spectacular Brothers and Sisters appears on 'the scene,' you can bet money that yours truly will cover them in all of their splendor.


We'll connect soon everyone.


Cheers!