Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lunacy in the City & other topics

I had a great weekend until today...

I was visiting Special Friend who made two fabulous meals for me in his spacious abode. We decided to 'dial it down' a bit from attending events to just relax and spend time together.

We were having a blast today until the neighborhood children knocked on the door to notify us that a mental ill man used two very large pieces of concrete to break the back windshield of my car. It was a random act and nothing was taken out of the car.

According to the children, the man was on a bit of rampage. Once the man's brother and the police caught up to him, he was committed to a psych ward.

Needless to say, I was quite upset. The man's family offered to pay for the damage to the car but it's really an awful way to start the new week.

Special Friend lives in a neighborhood which would remind you of Harlem in New York. Huge, beautiful homes populated by nice people who are on the verge of being displaced as White suburbanites move back into the City.

Most people park on the street without any issues except for the occasional break in. So, the neighbors were in shock that this situation occurred. We've cleaned all of the glass out and will take it in to the auto body shop tomorrow morning.

So, forgive me folks from being diverted today from our usual topic. I'll be back on the grind tomorrow once I deal with the insurance people, the repair shop, blah, blah, blah...

In the meanwhile, I received a slew of emails asking me for more commentary and assistance in becoming a Socialite.

Rest assured that I'm on the case and will share some insights with you soon.

Have a great Sunday!