Monday, June 23, 2008

Desperately Seeking Italian Vogue


Boy...did you flood my email with requests to locate Italian Vogue after my June 19th posting. The image above is the multi-page fold out cover featuring from left Liya Kebede, Sessilee Lopez, Jourdan Dunn, and Naomi Campbell.


For those who live in or near a large city, call your local bookstore and request that they stock a copy of it. I suggest that you call these locations first in the age of $4/gallon gas so that you don't frustrate yourself driving around to various locations.


I can't imagine that the major bookstore chains would pass up this opportunity to make money and marketing this historical issue. If they seem resistance, have 10 or more of your friends call the store within a three to five day period to request the magazine.


I bet they'll add it then.


Now, many of you live in small towns or rural areas that make getting access to the magazine more than a challenge. I will try to see what options may be available for you.


But, stay cool. The issue won't hit American soil for a few weeks.


In the meanwhile, American Vogue will feature the story next month 'Is Fashion Racist?'