Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ah...Fall is Upon Us

I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love the fall for a couple of reasons.

Around mid-July, my eyes and brain become exhausted from seeing parades of people donning inappropriate attire. It can just be so awful.

This is one of the reasons why, I love fall clothing much more than spring and summer wear. There is certain coziness to high quality wool, cotton, silk, and cashmere wearables. And, when worn properly, anyone can look stylish and chic.

I also enjoy fall foliage season too (although I heard this season may be a bit lackluster due to the climate shifting we’re experiencing in North America).

And of course chappies – the fall social season will be back in swing!

This summer was a bit blasé if I must say so myself. Many of you who are loyal readers of this blog, along with New York Social Diary and Park Avenue Peerage have taken notice as well.

Many of our favorite gals and guys were MIA this summer.

We all know that the economy has definitely taken a chunk out of most people designer handbags, so there was a great deal of scaling back on junkets, parties, and vacations this summer.

Hopefully, we’ll see more of our Super Socialites this fall and winter.

In the meantime, I’m organizing invites and my fall clothing.

And of course, we’ll chat again soon!

PS - Thanks to all of you who became my friend on Facebook! :-)