Monday, September 29, 2008

Who's That Girl - Cecile de Massey


While waging an epic battle of good versus evil with my digital camera, I later discovered that my batteries were low (*sigh*).


So, everyone I will have photos of my adventure to the Big Apple last week with Special Friend soon. We were invited to MoMA for a special Links, Inc. event hosted by Eastern Area Arts Chair Sandra Berger.


On to other topics - besides the economy, politics, blah, blah, blah - I discovered what I think is a little known Black History fact (to borrow the phrase from DJ Tom Joyner).


(Baroness) Cecile de Massey (photographed above) is married to Prince Rainier of Monaco's only nephew (Baron) Christian Louis. The de Massey and Baroness title was bestowed upon Christian's mother Princess Antoinette in 1951. The children later adopted the name and title.
Cecile was recently photographed at the Russian Vogue 10th Anniversary Party in Milan earlier this month and is apparently quite the social fixture on the Monaco Social Scene. I am tapping into some of my French connections (no pun intended) to see if I can uncover more information about her background to share with you.

I learned that she is president of the Monaco Branch of Ladies Who Lunch - an organization that raises money for a variety of philanthropic endeavours. However, pics of her are pretty rare.
I gotta tell you - that Grimaldi clan love themselves some Black folks (ebonically speaking).
Don't forget that Prince Albert has an adorable five year old Black son, Alexandre Eric St├ęphane Coste. Also, many historians believe that Prince Rainier's mother, Princess Charlotte had African blood in her veins.
Bet you thought it was the Saint-Tropez sun made the Grimaldi's tans sooooo dark hmmm...
We'll chat soon!
Cheers!