Wednesday, February 11, 2009

In Remembrance - Gloria Harper Dickinson

This year has started off rather challenging for me and many of my close friends as we have suffered back-to-back deaths of family members, mentors, and friends.

My Soror and Sister Link Gloria Harper Dickinson, International Regional Director of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. and Chair of African American Studies at The College of New Jersey died last month after a battle with breast cancer.


And truthfully everyone, this is a tough posting for me which is why I have delayed in sharing it with all of you.


Gloria was a kind lady who relished in the study and preservation of our history. The last time I saw her was on Martha's Vineyard at one of our annual Links Luncheon. Gloria was also a hard worker for our sorority - dedicating countless hours and miles of travel to ensure the implementation of quality programs and sisterhood activities.

She will be sorely missed.