Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Gotta Be Honest

I gotta be honest with you good people.


I have been spending a great deal of time on - shall we say - other things.

For one, I have literally been talking folks off the ledges.

I've had scores of deaths of older family members and friends.


Work is super busy as I work full time in one of our country’s few growth sectors (if you can call it that). I'm on some tight deadlines and it's off the hook.

I'm also trying to keep things sane with Special Friend (he’s great but my focus has been the real life gig and suicidal messages from people).


I just returned from Seattle – which by the way was lovely - but I HATE flying there from the East Coast.

My birthday is next week and I swear that I saw some new wrinkles jump out at me at say 'boooo!'

Next up on my agenda is a trip to upstate Pennsylvania, a brief visit to New York City for the Alpha Kappa Alpha North Atlantic Region Conference, and then down to Roanoke, VA with Special Friend for The Links Eastern Area Conference.


Ergo why I haven’t had been the lil’ blogging machine you’ve grown accustomed to…

Now my vent above is not to suggest that I’m the only one struggling with work/life balance. Hopefully, some of my rantings made you laugh.

Reports from the field is that things are hectic in your lives as well. Many of you are unemployed (or under-employed) and it’s tough.

I really understand. I was downsized from a cool corporate gig in 2003. But instead of being angry, I used it as an opportunity to turn lemons into lemonade.

Eventually, you will get to that place too so remain hopeful.

If our ancestors survived the Middle Passage, slavery, 2 World Wars, governmental experiments, Vietnam, Jim Crow (and I can go on and on), then we have to believe that we have the right stuff inside of us to survive this economic turmoil.

Thank God that you don't sleep on a dirty floor like a good percentage of the world. You have clean water and access to a wealth of resources being American.

This drama is temporary and the market will reverse itself in time.


Life is short. And, while it may really stink that we don’t have as much luchini in our pockets these days, we have to count it a blessing that we are still here.

Be on the lookout for tomorrow’s Fabulous Flick.

I promise to get back the regular writing grind soon folks!