Monday, April 20, 2009

Repent Negative Google-Festers!

Uggghhh!

The weather outside is really frightful. Furry Friend (my cat) is sitting near by listening to the rain. I plan to crawl under the covers to stay warm after I have some fruit and tea. Geez!


Special Friend and I just returned from our adventure at the 40th Annual Links Eastern Area Conference in Roanoke, VA. I must give a standing ovation to all of the lovely Links who worked so hard to make the conference outstanding. I’ll share more of the details with you great readers soon.


While we were there, we had the chance to chat with a certain Super Socialite who is planning her fall wedding. Apparently, fingers of cyber busy-bodies have been typing away Googling her and her soon-to-be hubby looking for information about the wedding date, location, etc.


I have to say that I am always taken aback by those who participate in Google-fests with no real purpose. I mean ok…I understand that Google-fests are a hobby for some people.


Some people are genuinely interested in learning about others they strive to emulate. One of the cool things about this blog is that many of you have become exposed to a new group of role models.So, it's natural to want to follow their stories of success on line.


But for those who cyber-stalk out of jealousy or meanness, I have a question for you.


Isn’t it easier to create your own fabulous life rather than obsessing over someone else’s?