Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It Is Time for Rejuvenation & Reflection

Wow.

We are ending June on a less than pleasant note. The litany of personal and public tragedies that we have endured at the half year mark of 2009 has left many of us just plain exhausted I’m sure.

We are all grappling with major drama and; God forbid - if we turn on the news, we are inundated with more information that our brains should be allowed to digest.

I had a lengthy conversation over the weekend with one of my mentors who is also my Soror and Sister Link. We chatted about the changing times and how to best position (or reposition) ourselves intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally.

What that means for me is buckling down a bit more at the proverbial 9 to 5 while taking time to do enjoyable activities I tend to put off in an attempt to squeeze one more social event on my calendar.

I believe summer is always a good time for rejuvenation and reflection. And, that is number #1 on my agenda.

Many of our social, civic, and professional organizations are on recess, so I encourage you to spend the next sixty days focusing on quality time with your loved ones. We are rocketing through this new century with such rapidity that we will be burned out in the next twenty years if we're not careful.

In order to positively proceed, sometimes we have to hit “cruise control” rather than keeping our feet firmly planned on the gas pedal.