Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Who's Flanking You in 2011?

Newly elected Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff has lived an amazing life - rising from prisoner to the first female President of Brazil. We'll have to wait and see what impact her policies and legislation will have for the country. But, I'm excited that the children of Brazil will see a female leader.

I must admit - I was in owe when I learned that she hired an all female security detail (photographed above). What an incredible sight!

This photo can be metaphorical in so many ways so I'll add my spin on it.

Who's flanking you in 2011?

As you plan your social and professional ascension for this year, remember to "tighten up your circle." Everyone is not meant to be - how shall I say this? - "ride or die."  Your journey towards success can only be celebrated by those who truly have your best interest at heart.

Still thinking about it? I have an even better analogy.  Study the life of Jesus as an example (regardless of your religious beliefs). He ministered to many, had twelve disciples, but chose only a few, close confidants according to the Bible.

This year, consider reconfiguring your proverbial "tribe" by editing it down to just a few close friends.  Then you can lift each other up while you climb rather than worrying about so called "haters."

Ready?! Let's go!