Saturday, October 20, 2012

Special Touches

I'm testing the Blogger app out on my phone today while getting my do "did." So, let see how this post goes!

Last week, I had a meeting with the National Museum of American Jewish History in Philadelphia to explore partnership opportunities with my day gig. While waiting for the meeting to begin, my colleague and I viewed some of the exhibits.
What caught my eye is this elegant napkin by Estee Lauder.

Apparently, Ms. Lauder hosted amazing dinner parties that included a fascinating mix of people. But what she did to commemorate the occasion was extra special.

She gave each guest a napkins with the date of the dinner and the dinner menu as a keepsake. It made me think about special touches and things we can all do to let people know they matter.

As we are approaching the close of yet another tough year economically speaking, let's thoughtfully consider what special touches we can share with the special ones in our lives.

I'm interested in hearing your ideas. I plan to share some of mine soon.